Sunday, January 30, 2005

Dammit, Take Me to the Food Court

I don't care for malls.

I'm not covered in sufficient makeup to comply with Pennsylvania regional standards, so I get approached by mall-dwelling Mary Kay trolls. "Pardon me, I couldn't help but notice that you're not wearing makeup." Sharp eye, Madam! Tell me, how can I look as haggard as you?

So I'm unsure why I agreed to accompany Husband to our truly lame-ass shopping center on the 2nd day of my hangover (or 2DH).

We get separated in a nasty department store, and I'm unhappily browsing old-lady resortwear when I notice the women's dressing room letting out this phenomenal electronic screech everytime someone goes inside. Maybe it reminds the salespeople to ask if anyone needs another size of powder blue, tapered leg slacks. Not sure.

I fled down the escalator to escape the sound, which was making my headache thump (see '2DH' above). But finding Husband took time, which made me grouchy (again, see '2DH' above). I found him and asked, "Where the hell were you?" all huffy and stuff.

Husband got this pained look on his face, "I had to get away from that dressing room sound, it was annoying the crap out of me."

Oh, I love him so.

On the plus side, this mall has a rockin' food court. Mmm. Potato Sack.
_______________________________
Random Fruit Facts: The Potato

I know what you're thinking. Our friend the potato is a vegetable. But wait! In France, a potato is called a pomme de terre, meaning 'apple of the earth'. Making it sort of a fruit. In French anyway.

Yeah, it's a stretch. Learn more about potatoes here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 1/30/2005 11:43:00 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home