Thursday, March 10, 2005

Self Portrait Thursday Of My Finger - OR - How Me and Jose Cuervo Trashed My Wedding Ring

For those of you who haven't picked up on the identity of this 'Mateo' fellow I can't shut up about, I'm married to him. That's right gentlemen, zip up those pants, cause I'm off the market. Mr. Mateo gave me a sparkly, pretty ring at our wedding and I'm rather partial to it. I'm rather partial to him, too.

I can't show you a picture of my beautiful bauble of marital bliss because 'something' happened to it right before we got our digital camera.

While attending a badass party, I got a little drunk. Fine, I was stinko. In the wee hours of the morning, I made a Cuervo & Diet Coke (yum) and found the clink of my ring on the tequila bottle quite pleasant. Somehow (I'm not sure of the details) I wound up on the sunporch belting out a gospel-inspired song about how I had a 'fever for tequila', while slapping the tequila bottle into my palm/ring for a clinky, percussive sound. A good time was had by me, and several other bewildered people.

Next morning I woke at an ungodly hour, shuffled downstairs for my hangover cure (more Diet Coke) and flopped on our crappy green couch. Sometime during Teen Titans, I looked at my hand and almost had a heart attack. I had totally flattened one side of my ring and had lost a diamond, leaving a gaping 1/3 carat hole. Completely horrified.

Matt had bought me another pretty ring for my birthday a while ago.

He put that one on my ring finger, and it'll stay there as a beacon of my unavailability until the jeweler finishes fixing it up. She was dying to know what I had done to it.
______________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Loganberry

Mateo likes to eat crepes with loganberry jam .

Learn more about loganberries, here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 3/10/2005 07:57:00 PM

1 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:51 AM  
    Aww. You sound like you're pretty into each other!

Post a Comment

« Home