Thursday, July 21, 2005

To Be Or Not To Be? Who The Hell Knows?

Mateo and I are getting ready for our move back to LA and have 5.3 farfillion things to do. Since we're super on-the-ball, we've pretty much decided on NOTHING. Everything’s floating in the air right now, and it’s freaking me out.

Our landlord may/may not kick us out of our Pittsburgh lease early, meaning we’d either have to squat in our own apartment or leave early (which we’re sooooo not prepared for, because, as I've mentioned, we’ve done NOTHING).

We may/may not attach a tow hitch to the Spuriousmobile (4 cylinders of power, baby) to tow a trailer 2,500 miles to LA. Or we may/may not rent a truck (Mateo’s friend may/may not fly out to help us move).

When we get to LA, Mateo may/may not have a job, and my old boss may/may not rehire me. We may/may not have an apartment, and our friend has decided he may/may not be our roommate.

I may/may not be able to register for classes at the local community college in West LA, depending on what’s still available. And my parents have said I may/may not be able to use my old car when we arrive.

Some of these things are interconnected, but most aren’t. At this point we’re just trying to gather as many balloon strings as possible into one big bunch, and safely float home to LA.

I agreed to go eat Indian food tonight with a bunch of people, where I may/may not get stinko. However, given my current mood, I’ve decided WILL get stinko.

Just for the purposes of clarity.
________________________________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The High Bush Cranberry

High-bush cranberry, also known as moosewood viburnum is a shrub with numerous straggling to suberect branches from 0.5-2 meters high.

The high bush cranberry is straggling, and so am I. That’s it. Damn. I’m just no good at cranberries…earn more about the high bush cranberry, here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 7/21/2005 02:47:00 PM

10 Comments

  1. Blogger Nilbo posted at 5:13 PM  
    The not knowing is the fun of it all. It pains me to say this, because it reminds me how old I am ... but even if it doesn't feel like it, you're at an age when it's OK to throw yourself off the garage roof and trust the cape ...

    Do one thing every day that scares you. And if you do two things, it's a great day.
  2. Blogger c posted at 6:23 PM  
    I'm with Nilbo. The last crazy thing we did was move overseas, and it was the best thing we ever did.

    When there isn't a safety net, you learn how to land.
  3. Blogger Nilbo posted at 7:15 PM  
    Or .. leap, and the wings will appear. That is all you need to know. Life won't be safe - it never is. But it will also not be boring.
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:27 PM  
    Reminds me of the Tom Petty song...learning to fly, but I aint got wings...
    Something like that. I wish you the best, and that the balloons will carry you!
  5. Blogger Closet Metro posted at 11:15 PM  
    things will fall into place. really.
  6. Blogger mary bishop posted at 9:59 AM  
    Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, concentrate on the things you can do and somehow you will get moved and into a place to live and have jobs.

    Keep thinking about the wonderful food that awaits you!
  7. Blogger Jessica posted at 2:33 PM  
    *big huge hugs* I know exactly how you feel on a smaller scale. My bf is moving in with me, next weekend, and he may / may not rent a u-haul, or he may / may not ask his friends to help, and hes bringing a huge ass real live creepy turtle and his two cats (in addition to my 2 cats and bird) rendering our apparment a zoo. But i love him. Bleh. The things we do to be with the one we love.
  8. Blogger Unknown posted at 2:37 PM  
    What a wonderful place to live! It will all be worth it in the end. I am looking forward to local produce reports and some chocolate sent back east.

    Moving is the WORST no matter what. As long as you get their on the new end in one piece, you're successful.

    I'll never forget the last move J and I did. We stoopidly closed the same day as we moved in. After two days of sweat, dirt and no sleep, we looked really cute in the fancy attorney's office signing our lives away. I've never seen myself as smarmy but that's exactly the look we were getting from miss legal eagle.
  9. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 10:15 PM  
    Thanks for all the good advice, folks. It really helped! Our plan is shaping up, and things seem to be going better. Thansk again for the kind words!
  10. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 10:17 PM  
    P.S. Lauren, email me. I need to know where to send your chocolate!

Post a Comment

« Home