Friday, June 10, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday - More+Less=Just Right

Want more: Horchata

Specifically, horchata from a 'Bang' machine. I looked and looked, but couldn't find a picture of one, and I want a glass of that crap so badly I'm gonna cry. Holy shitless Jesus it's good. This is a picture of me drinking a cool glass with Papa Spurious on my last visit home.

Want less: Clouds

It rains all the damn time in Pittsburgh. When it's not rainy, it's snowy/sleety/icy/generally cloudy. An unadulterated sunny day, even in the summertime, is a rarity. Yellow teeth suck too, but thats my own damn fault for not buying some of those scary bleachy things. The 16 gallons of Diet Coke that cross my lips every hour probably don't help much either.

Want to stay just as it is: Carniceria Nueva Vallarta

I love you man.... don't ever change.

**********************************************************

As an aside, Mateo and I are going to Washington, DC for the weekend to watch a limited release of Howls Moving Castle .

Yeah. We ARE total nerds.

DC suggestions anyone?
_______________________________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Cornelian Cherry

"In late summer or early fall, the large red fruits are an enticing sight. They are also delicious, reminiscent of tart cherries."

I was going to connect cherries to George Washington, and George Washington to Washington, DC, but FUCK it's hot today and I can't be bothered. So just read all about the cornelian cherry, here. I'm off to drink something with an ice cube in it.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 6/10/2005 05:26:00 PM

10 Comments

  1. Blogger Squirl posted at 7:21 PM  
    I can't help you with the DC thing as I've never been there. I can understand lots of cloudy days, though, coming from Michigan. We do get more sun in the summer, but winters are extremely gloomy.
  2. Blogger Annejelynn posted at 7:31 PM  
    now just a secky - if you are familiar with "Effie" street in Silver Lake, you should be familiar with Olive off of the 134? or is it the 110 - shit...anyhow, check out Paquito Mas horchata! Yuminey yummy, I'm tellin' ya! guhoood! there's more than one location - and they're alllll dang GUHOOOOD!
  3. Blogger c posted at 11:46 PM  
    If I had more time, I could email my friend who used to live there (now in Moscow).

    All the edumacational stuff is free, though. That's pretty cool.
  4. Blogger kilowatthour posted at 4:41 PM  
    Horchata = good. Damn good. Will cure all that ails you. Also, I want some right now.

    DC: I'm in love with the Air & Space museum, but I'm a huge dork. It's a fact.
  5. Blogger Caroline posted at 9:36 PM  
    You look so CUTE!
  6. Blogger Unknown posted at 8:54 AM  
    Sorry, doll, no suggestions, but I LOVE the pictures! You have an awesome smile.

    How was the weekend?
  7. Blogger Random and Odd posted at 10:40 AM  
    i hate being down. I miss all my favorite blog good news and stories of flowers from old ladies that make me cry.

    So tell me...the interview...CALIFORNIA???? was it the California interview?? You're moving to Sacramento RIGHT?
  8. Blogger Jessica posted at 11:27 AM  
    Those are great photos!!! (your teeth do not look yellow, trust me!) I have no freaking clue what you should do in DC as i have only driven through it. Isn't there some sort of american historical stuff all around there? Like in national treasure! Go to those places, only...try not to steal stuff...
  9. Blogger mary bishop posted at 2:50 PM  
    Horchata? ha cha cha...never had one but you've got me interested in trying one now.

    Too late I guess to tell you there's a wonderful Thai restaurant a block from the zoo...
  10. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 10:49 PM  
    Squirl- If you're from Michigan, I'm sorry I even said anything about bad weather. you have the REAL shit. I'm jsut a weather poser.

    Annejelynn- Gotta wait til we're back in Cali for the Poquito Mas, but they DO have good horchata!

    Summer- We kept saying "Fatoosh!" while we walked around Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan, but we couldn't find it. Wound up finding a good Mexican place though, with awesome horchata...yumyumyumyum.

    Misfit- That's the way museums should be. Just stroll right in, check out stuff and enjoy the AC. Ah, my tax dollars at work...

    kilowatthour- Embrace your dorkdom. Be proud.

    Caroline and CK-You're total sweethearts...get glasses soon.

    Kristine- Sorry, didn't mean to jump start the tears! Mateo's inteviewing in SoCal right now, but we'll be casting a wider net soon. Cali here we come! I'll keep you all posted.

    Airea- I considered stealing the Hope Diamond, but then I remembered what you said...

    Marybishop- Careful, horchata can run the gamut from average to stupendous. Don't give up hope if the 1st one doesn't blow your mind.

Post a Comment

« Home