Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Self Portrait Day, y a Mystery

Our car, Spooky, is filled with crap. If you wanna roll with us, you wait until we rearrange the quietly multiplying bullshit in our back seat. I felt industrious this evening and was cleaning Spooky's insides, when on the floor I spied The Mysterious Fork.

Behold:


This ain't our fork. This piece of flatware has never before been seen by either of us. Where did it come from? How did it surreptitiously enter our car? Is Spooky a thief? What the fuck?

Also, according to Mihow, Queen Dooce and other assorted blogging personages, today is Self Portrait Day . I decided to include the fork:


If this is your fork, let me know. We're kind of afraid of it. Like a sign from some mafioso. Fish on the doorstep. Horseheads in your bed. Forks in your car...

What does it MEAN?
________________________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Key Lime

"Key limes which predominate in the rest of the world, are smaller, yellower in color, seedy, sourer, and grow on thorny trees which are sensitive to cold weather. As we have done with tomatoes, we have sacrificed flavor for convenience and appearance. "

Tomatoes and limes aren't the only things we've sacrificed for convenience and appearance...

Learn more about Mr. Key Lime here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 2/16/2005 07:41:00 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Amanda B. posted at 9:04 PM  
    Whoa! That is very skirry. Mystery fork, eh. My guess is that someone snuck into your car and ate pie.

    I like pie. ;)
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:37 PM  
    I could use some pie right now. I think I might like blueberry should I be given a choice. However, I'd settle for almost anything. Even a rice cake with peanut butter.

    Forks are important. I often end up with the forks with seriously bent prongs. And usually it's only one prong. It's disconcerting. How is it ONE prong on a fork can bend like so? It's a mystery we may never solve. Along with why there are so many batteries in the NYC subways, more so than any other city I have ever been in. Bent Forks and Batteries is the name of Amanda B's new traveling band.

    --mihow
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:40 PM  
    Amanda B., if you're starting Mihow's band, need an extra fork?
  4. Blogger Ern posted at 1:14 AM  
    You must be on the receiving end of the mysterious kitchen disappearances. We have far fewer coffee mugs than we used to, but I never take them out of the house, and if anyone broke them, they haven't fessed up.

    When I was a kid, we were always short on spoons. Where did they go? (Actually those probably made the trip in assorted lunchboxes and ended up in the cafeteria garbage.)

    Got any coffee mugs in your back seat?

Post a Comment

« Home