Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentines Day Blah, Blah

Ah, Valentine's Day. Or if you're from Pittsburgh, Valentimes Day.

I'm sure you've already decided how you want to spend it. Showered in rose petals? Fine. Freaking out in a series of enraged, pissy diatribes on the day's exclusionary and stupid nature? Great. I don't care about it one way or the other. All I know is it looks like someone got fucking shot in the supermarket, it's so splashy pink and red.

Mateo doesn't 'do' Hallmark (good boy), and had to work today, so yesterday we went out for shits and giggles. Off to the Oaks Theater to see Sideways, a fine snobby film. Afterwards trying to find something to eat and crossed every blessed river in town, sometimes 2-3 times. We were massively hungover (surprise) and had a very nice time just hanging out in the car together, getting lost, and eating bad food at the Spaghetti Warehouse Grill (a rip off of 14 different restaurants).

It was great. If there's supposed to be a romantic feeling associated with today, I want it to be like that every year. Stuffed with murky driving, shiny lights, confusion and cheap, peppery dinner laughs. With that soft electrical tug flashing around in the air between me and him.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 2/14/2005 11:07:00 PM

2 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:40 PM  
    Wow, that sounds Sooooo romantic. I wish I had thought to tell my wife that I don't "do" Valentines day. I think I am going to move to Pitt and open a bar and asprin stores all over town. I think I could make some money there.
  2. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 6:15 PM  
    Ah sarcasm, how's the wife and kids?

    For clarification, Mateo 'does' Valentine's day, just not the Hallmark part. And I think I like him better for it.

    Just be careful, all wives aren't as easily suckered as me.

Post a Comment

« Home