Thursday, April 14, 2005

Fine, The Plum Can Stay + The Eagle Has Landed!

OK. The plum can stay.

But expect some good old-fashioned redecorating soon. I didn't make the template for the current design (my design skills SUCK!), but I'm in the process of making/stealing/hunting for things I can cobble together into something new. Keep your eyes peeled. Ouch.

DEFCON 5 Old Friend has arrived! The house is as clean as it's ever going to get (GODDAMN I hate that bathtub!), and our guest is resting comfortably on our fluffy-puffy air mattress. I just hope he doesn't have scary, cleaning-product-fume-induced dreams...

Tonight will be the first night in two weeks that I don't have to clean something....

It's Hoegaarden time!
__________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Serviceberry

Next time I have a DEFCON 5 houseguest, I'll find out if there's a cleaning serviceberry.

"The fruits are heavily eaten by thrushes, many other songbirds, rodents, small mammals and bear. Grouse, turkey, squirrels, chipmunks, beaver and foxes will eat twigs, buds and fruits at various times of the year. "

Perhaps I should rethink the serviceberries cleaning the Spurious homestead. That's a lot of critters.

"Hey! None of you fuckers can come in the house! You'll get twigs and shit all over the place! We're at DEFCON 5, people!"

Learn more about the serviceberry and why some people think it's a saskatoon (it's not), here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 4/14/2005 09:50:00 AM

12 Comments

  1. Blogger mary bishop posted at 11:45 AM  
    It's all becoming clear to me. The desire to redo the blog is in direct correlation with the DEFCON 5 houseguest. You are so busy cleaning up everything you're taking your dust cloth to your blog too!
  2. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 12:02 PM  
    Holy Crap. You're right.

    I'd seriously never even thought of that...

    Marybishop, you're the shizz!
  3. Blogger Unknown posted at 2:55 PM  
    Well, it is that time of year you know! (spring cleaning and all...) I hope your houseguest knows what you're going through for him/her.

    Did you have any luck w/the bathroom?
  4. Blogger c posted at 3:39 PM  
    Didja use that scary "don't even look at the bottle wrong or your descendents will all have three eyes" industrial stuff?
  5. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 3:39 PM  
    Old Frind's being very nice, throwing around lovely compliments, and wiping is feet at the door. Bless that boy.

    As for the bathroom, I had about as much luck as someone can have with an 80 year-old, decomposing grouted, 70's vinyl floored monstrosity.

    I'm not bitter.
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:36 PM  
    Hee hee, "cleaning serviceberry"! Oh my, good stuff.
  7. Blogger Susie posted at 7:56 PM  
    Oh, goody. The Plum stays. Enjoy your friend's visit. I kept waiting for you to say something dirty about being serviced by the serviceberry. Oh, I get it. The house is so clean, you're just not thinking dirty.
  8. Blogger Random and Odd posted at 9:41 AM  
    I am not worthy...

    you have all the fruit knowledge...and I have none.

    :)
  9. Blogger Nessa posted at 11:44 AM  
    I actually flipped through all the dooce comments (which I normally don't do) & you should TOTALLY use "plum palace" somewhere!!!!
  10. Blogger Echrai posted at 3:57 PM  
    A panoply of plums - perfect for the plumly place of patter. Priceless!
  11. Blogger the niffer posted at 8:14 AM  
    A house is not a home without a tonne of critters!
  12. Blogger Ern posted at 6:21 PM  
    Looking forward to the new design.

    In the notes for one of my classes, the professor used the word "spuriously" twice in one sentence. So there I was in the middle of the lecture on liver failure, thinking about the Spurious Plum!

Post a Comment

« Home