Monday, April 18, 2005

Philadelphia - or - My Hungover Man Posse Rolls Three Deep

Old Friend is still visiting Mateo and I, and over the weekend we took him to Philly for wish fulfillment. Old Friend's ultimate dream was to eat ACTUAL Philly cheesesteaks at Pat's and Geno's, the two places most famous for cooking up great ones. The dream was fulfilled, but since Old Friend's been a vegetarian for more than a year, eating 2 cheesesteaks in 20 minutes rocked his poor ass. He prevailed, but not without difficulty.

We all wound up staying at a Holiday Inn in the boondocks of New Jersey and hooking up with a friend of ours. The hotel bar was the only game in town, and I was restless, so I wandered around in the New Jersey night, taking strange pictures of myself:


unfinished gas stations:


and pretty streetlight filled trees:


The next day we ate GOOD Mexican food (spicy chilaquiles, drooooool) and saw a sight or two. We wound up at the Museum of Art (at the stairs from 'Rocky') and took some nice pictures there too:





All of this sounds easy but with three hungover boys (Mateo, Old Friend, and Jersey Friend) there was much confusion, indecision and intense discussion of boobs.



Had a blast.
-------------------------------
Fruit is on hiatus until DEFCON 5 Houseguest Alert has been cleared. Stay tuned.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 4/18/2005 08:59:00 PM

7 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:49 PM  
    Hang in there, you cleaning fool! I'm glad you're having a good time.
  2. Blogger mary bishop posted at 6:52 AM  
    And the heart burning question is: Which is the better Cheesesteak? Pat or Geno's?
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:59 AM  
    Your poor friend! No meat for a year, then 2 of those phillys! OUCH. Sounds like you guys are having a blast, and I love the pictures.

    lawbrat
  4. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 10:21 AM  
    Thanks MRTL!

    Marybishop - I think 'm gonna have to go with Geno's. But perhaps further testing is in order....

    Lawbrizzle- Thanks for the happy picture comments. I think Old friend has finally recovered. Dude can rally!
  5. Blogger Jessica posted at 11:34 AM  
    Sounds like a fun weekend!
  6. Blogger Unknown posted at 11:40 AM  
    Dude, you're not going to believe this but my g/f went to Philly this weekend and stopped at Genos for cheesesteak w/onions. I told her she has to bring one back for me. She's bringing it today in a couple of minutes for me to have for lunch!

    She said she got it from Geno's b/c the line was wicked at Pat's. I can't belive the coinky dink!!
  7. Blogger Nessa posted at 12:52 PM  
    have fun! come back soon!!!!

Post a Comment

« Home