Monday, June 13, 2005

D-Cizzle

Hooray! We had fun in DC. Thanks for your suggestions. We did a ton of stuff, and I'm not sure how to describe it all. In that spirit, I've decided to rip off Overheard in New York and go collage on your ass:


@ Toulouse Lautrec Exhibition in the National Gallery
Fake Chi-Chi Art Hag: “Make sure you see the prostitutes, they’re darling.”





@ Native American Museum
Touristy Lady: "I thought we’d find turquoise jewelry that was affordable, but it’s not. It’s not. "





@ The Entrance to the Vietnam War Memorial
4 Year Old Child: “Please Daddy, no more walk!”
Middle American Male, Style #106: “Well, do you have enough money for a cab?”





Over The Phone
Papa Spurious:
“You should go to Colonial Williamsburg. It’s educational. Educational's good, right?”





@ Adams Morgan
20 People in Pirate Hats Throwing Water Ballons: “One, two, three!!!! All Right!”





@ The Arlington IHOP
Blue Haired Lady Armpit Hair: “Every day I open up that door, and it smells like a damn dungeon...”





@ DC Capitol Pride Festival
Vendor: “Cum towels! C’mon, guys... Everyone needs a cum towel.”





@ Arlington Chipotle
Cashier to Spurious: “Ma’am. Ma'am. There’s something on your butt. ON YOUR BUTT.”





@ The Smithsonian Castle
Security Guard: “People think I wear a bulletproof vest everyday, but I don’t. That’s just not me.”





@ The Hirshhorn Gallery
Cleaning Lady: “It’s so hot! I think it may even be hotter than yesterday!”
Spurious: “Nothing could be hotter than yesterday.”
Cleaning Lady: “ Ha! You may be right! Can your take your feet off my couch?”





@ DC Dyke Parade in Dupont Circle.
Teenage Drunk Girl: “I don’t care. It’s hot, and there’s lesbians everyplace. Just what the hell am I supposed to think?”





@ The Metro After We Threw Out Our Tickets
Large Woman Conductor W/ Chest Hair: “What are you two doing?”
Mateo and Plum: “We’re from out of town...”
Large Woman Conductor W/ Chest Hair: “Well, I can see that.”





Missed you guys!
P.S. I'm going to Chicago in 2 weeks...any more suggestions?
________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Ornamental Crabapple

I was a total crabapple this weekend, but Mateo focused on the ornamental part...

"the most beautiful, adaptable, and versatile group of ornamental trees known to horticulture."

Thank you, International Ornamental Crabapple Society for that truly unbiased viewpoint. Learn more about the ornamental crabapple's legion of doom, here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 6/13/2005 10:13:00 PM

15 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:13 PM  
    Hey Plum, there's something on your butt. ON YOUR BUTT.

    Nice.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:25 PM  
    I really liked this post. Kind of poetic. My favorite one so far.
  3. Blogger Elizabeth posted at 9:12 AM  
    I loved the pics. Glad you are back.
  4. Blogger Jessica posted at 10:02 AM  
    Glad you had fun! Looks like you did a lot! Happy your back though. :)
  5. Blogger Nilbo posted at 10:42 AM  
    Lovely pics, fun post - loved the format. Yer pretty smart, for someone with something on your butt. ON YOUR BUTT.
  6. Blogger Torrie posted at 11:28 AM  
    The picture of the bald, fat naked guy scares me.

    Also, so is it your intention to visit everywhere in the fucking country EXCEPT New York?
  7. Blogger Ern posted at 1:17 PM  
    Welcome back to you too! Very funny post. hehe!
  8. Blogger c posted at 3:16 PM  
    Hey, could you get your feet off my couch?

    Sheesh.

    And there's something on your butt. YOUR BUTT.
  9. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:05 PM  
    Yes, I have a glorious suggestion if you're visiting Chicago. Visit MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

    Navy Pier on a Thursday(I think?) or Saturday(definately) night for the fireworks.

    Millenium Park (I know that's probably spelled wrong) to play in the uber cool fountains.

    The Magnificent Mile

    Hancock Tower or Sears Tower (Sears Tower is taller)

    CHINA TOWN!!!! Okay, now let me tell you a little about China Town. It's a little bit in the "south side" which is the not-so-good-part of town. BUT, BUT, BUT, Chinatown is actually safe-and extremely cool. Now, I suggest going to Joy Yee's Noodles and getting a fruit smoothie (called Boba Tea or Bubble Tea) with or without tapioca pearls in the bottom. I LOVE THE PEARLS! I just had one last night. My Beau and I get cravings and drive the 1/2 hour-45 minutes to China town from our suburb JUST for one of these smoothies. MmMmMmMMmMm

    Pictures of Chicago area stuff are on my gallery at www.browen.net/gallery if you care to look :) Chicago is a blast. Whee!
  10. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:22 PM  
    Funny stuff...kind of like an audio collage.
  11. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:27 AM  
    In chicago you can get a lot of mexican breakfasts!
  12. Blogger Unknown posted at 11:53 AM  
    Ok, I know I left a comment here yesterday about Chicago with links of things to do, and I don't see it here. Dammit.

    I'm sorry I'm an idiot. Lucky for you, Browen hit all the good spots in her post -- Let me add the Shedd Aquarium. That's cool, too.
  13. Blogger Annejelynn posted at 2:30 PM  
    I love how your personality seems to shine through (not to sound cliche really) in your photos = yer super cute!
  14. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:36 PM  
    Oh yes, can't forget the Shedd Aquarium. That is fun! Also the Lincoln Park Zoo is great fun :) They installed buttons for the monkeys to press when the humans annoy them that'll blow air at the humans :D That just rocks LOL
  15. Blogger Ilanna posted at 4:46 PM  
    There's actually 2 other things i'd suggest - and i've only been there a couple of times.
    1. THe art museum- there's some really AWESOME stuff in there and it's not nearly as stuffy as some other art museums. :)
    2. The Auditorium theatre - gorgeous and acoustically creeeeeeepy. :)

Post a Comment

« Home