Thursday, September 15, 2005

THINGS FOLKS ARE PROBABLY CURIOUS ABOUT:

"Are you alive?"
Well, sort of. I've been working, going to school and marching in my own personal freak-out parade since I reached Los Angeles. I think that means I'm alive, but I haven't been able to sit still long enough to think about it much. Let me check my pulse...yep, I've got one. Woohoo! I'm alive!!!!

"So, how was the move?"
Crappy.12 days without Mateo suuuuucked. Plus, Mateo had to drive across the hottest part of the country in a truck without air conditioning, and we still have boxes stacked ass-cheek high. This is what happens when Spurious doesn't get home until 9:30PM every night.

"How's work?"
My full-time position at the hospital is usually supplemented by a part-time position. The folks in both positions quit, which meant that I had a job, but no help, until this week. The new person is awesome, and the work environment, while busy is wonderful, so I'm happy, if amazingly harried, all day. It's 180 degrees away from my old job, where I had time to do important things. Like blog...and pee.

"And school? What's that like?"
I have 10 units of chemistry and a full time job. Looking at the previous sentence, you'll note that I must've been smoking fat crack rocks when I signed up for school. I'm holding my own (there's too much damn math in chemistry), and hoping I don't have to drop out...this shit is hard!!!

"So how will this effect my blog reading, dammit?"
I haven't posted for a quadrillion years, so I'll be surprised if anyone's even still a-readin'. Things are hectic, so I'll still post, but not every day. Probably once or twice a week, until I get my crap together. But I'll still be a-lurkin' at your blog. Lurkin like a mutha.

Lurkin' is sexy.

Thank you all so much for your concern and sweet comments! Ya'll are the bestest!!!
____________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Aronia

"Seemingly phased by nothing, this shrub will tolerate anything thrown at it: swampy ground, dry sandy soil, drought, salt, and pollution. It is probably pickiest about its light, tolerating partial shade but becoming more leggy and affected by mildew with in darker corners."

I wanna tolerate anything in my environment and be leggy! But not affected by mildew. That's icky.

Learn more about the aronia, here. If you wanna...do ya wanna?

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 9/15/2005 11:09:00 PM

21 Comments

  1. Blogger Ern posted at 2:16 AM  
    The PLUM is ALIVE! The joy of RSS, I didn't spend lots of energy checking over and over if you'd posted, but when you did...here I am!

    Hang in there with the chemistry. I'll send good vibes your way!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:33 AM  
    I checked on you every day - sometimes even twice! So glad you're back on line and the move all happened OK. It's a shame we might not get new updates every day but then I just keep telling myself that Intermittent Plum is better than no Plum at all. :)
  3. Blogger Susie posted at 6:05 AM  
    I didn't read yet, but I must say, YEE-HAW, Plum's back!!!!
  4. Blogger Susie posted at 6:15 AM  
    First, I must sing, "In your fruity bonnet, with all the plums upon it, you'll be the grandest bitch, in the freak-out parade!"
    Boxes ass-cheek high? This is a relative concept. If you're old and flabby, that might not be too high at all! But in the case of young, hot, sexy, oh my, that IS high! Those are some high, high boxes you got there, Plum.
    If you have to choose between blogging and peeing . . . we don't mind if you pee while you blog.
    So glad you love your job(s). You'll get through the chemistry. You have to, Plum. I watched Tommy Lee Goes to College, and he failed chemistry. I have ALWAYS said, ever since I met you, "That Plum! She is SO much brighter than Tommy Lee!" Don't make a liar out of me, Plum. He had a hot tutor. You could have a hotter tutor -- get Ern to tutor you.
  5. Blogger Nilbo posted at 7:09 AM  
    (deep, satisfied sigh) OK. You're back, and life can go back to normal. I know you won't post daily, but I'll check daily. Maybe we should all stop by every day and leave rude comments, just to give us the illusion you're always around. Cause we'll all still be here.

    I don't envy you the work load, darlin' ... but we're all confident you can handle it ...
  6. Blogger Annejelynn posted at 10:45 AM  
    YOU CAN DOOYET! take your time getting settled - it doesn't all have to happen right now ~ lower those standards and enjoy the funk - and good luck on the math! (blak! gag! gasping for air) - you have loads of empathy vibes comin' at you from me~
  7. Blogger ~*Ery*~ posted at 10:49 AM  
    Yea!!!! Thats what I said when I didn't see that large picture of a fruit truck!!! You're baaaaack!!! Anyway, Glad everything is working out, you sound so much happier now.

    ~*Ery*~
  8. Blogger LadyBug posted at 11:01 AM  
    So glad you're back, hon. And of COURSE we're still a-readin'! Where else can we get our random fruit facts?!?

    Love and hugs to you, dear. Hang in there.
  9. Blogger Weetzie posted at 11:20 AM  
    Yay! Plummie is baaack! :-)
  10. Blogger c posted at 12:38 PM  
    Oh, thank god you're alive and well!
  11. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:10 PM  
    You forgot to mention that we were without home-internet access 'til last Tuesday.

    Plum Hub
  12. Blogger Torrie posted at 4:18 PM  
    OK, now I can breathe again.

    Don't you ever do that to us again young lady!
  13. Blogger Elizabeth posted at 8:56 PM  
    Damn girl, I was missing ya. So glad you are back. Of course, now I am finally in the Burgh and your ass is in Cal. Not good timing, Plum. :(
  14. Blogger Squirl posted at 7:46 AM  
    So glad you're back. Moving sucks all by itself. I can't imagine chemistry and full-time work while still having to unpack.

    But you're back in California where you wanted to be. Things will be good. I'll be checking in to see when you update. Please, come lurk all you want!
  15. Blogger Closet Metro posted at 9:32 AM  
    "Don't call it a comeback!
    I been here for years
    Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
    Makin the tears rain down like a monsoon
    Listen to the bass go BOOM
    Explosion overpowerin
    Over the competition I'm towerin (like moving boxes)
    Wreckin shop when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the cops
    Don't you dare stare, you betta move
    Don't ever compare
    Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
    Competition's payin the price

    I'm gonna knock you out [HUUUH!!!]
    Mama said knock you out [HUUUH!!!]"

    Yeah, you're back.
  16. Blogger mary bishop posted at 10:07 AM  
    What a treat for blogworld our lady of the fruit is back. We'll take a post a month if we have to - it's just great to have you back!
  17. Blogger Nessa posted at 11:12 AM  
    missed you so much! glad you're back and good luck with everything! I click in every day :)
  18. Blogger Echrai posted at 3:58 PM  
    You're BACK! YAAAAAY!!!!!
  19. Blogger Unknown posted at 7:52 PM  
    and now you'll be smoking fat crack rocks just to keep up. WHat a load - applause for you girl! And glad to see you are managing a blog here and there, I'd just be sleeping :)
  20. Blogger Holy Schmidt posted at 6:08 PM  
    I'm so glad you're back. What were you thinking, leaving us here all alone without your blogging? Huh?

    Don't ever fucking do that again, okay?
  21. Blogger Jess Haskins posted at 1:30 AM  
    I'm still reading...been checking and waiting for your return.

    Welcome back.

Post a Comment

« Home