Wednesday, August 10, 2005

HalleFuckingLujah - OR - Casa De Spurious' New Digs

SweetholymothermaymotherofGod, as of last night, 11:00pm EST, Mateo and I have secured an apartment. I can’t begin to express the relief this brings. Getting an apartment in Los Angeles is like entering the 7th circle of hell, but with more ass-kissing. LA landlords feel totally comfortable demanding credit checks, references, genetic testing, burnt offerings and your first born child. And they’ll gleefully charge you $40 for the privilege.

After searching non-stop for 3 days, we found a place on craigslist (Craig, I owe your ass) and went for a viewing. It was perfect. No, really. I actually wasn’t sure if I was cool enough to live there. It has a dishwasher (**angels singing**), all new everything and a marvelous bathroom. After 2 years of indentured hateration to my current bathroom, looking at the floor of a beautiful, jankiness-free restroom was enough to make me drop to my knees and weep.

I can ride a bike to work, there’s a Whole Foods nearby (cause Mateo and I are the Damn Dirty Hippy Twins) and a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf down the street. Because Starbucks can smooch on my pooper.

Most important of all, it has a roof, and it’s in a neighborhood where I won’t get SHOT.

Praise be to the mighty apartment gods. Cause idolatry rules.
_____________________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Artichoke

Almost 100% of artichokes distributed in the US come from California.

“The varieties of artichokes grown during the summer months love the marine layer of gray clouds that hang over the coastal areas, keeping back the bright sun and heat just over the hills. This climate allows the artichokes to plump up and round out before reaching maturity and harvest.”

Speaking of plumping up and rounding out, I’m glad there’s a gym in the basement of our new place, cause Mateo and I have some serious catching-up to do in the Mexican food department. Learn more about the artichoke’s round plumpness, here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 8/10/2005 10:47:00 AM

18 Comments

  1. Blogger Jessica posted at 11:54 AM  
    Huzzah!!! It sounds fabulous! When are you moving?
  2. Blogger Elizabeth posted at 12:20 PM  
    You are back. I can quit weeping now.

    Congrats on the digs. :)
  3. Blogger Torrie posted at 12:31 PM  
    Hateration?
    Awesome.
  4. Blogger Holy Schmidt posted at 1:55 PM  
    Yea! Party at the Plum's new place!
  5. Blogger Echrai posted at 2:07 PM  
    Woo hoo! I want pics. Okay, not pics that would show people exactly where you live so your scary blogstalkers would find you, but happy fun pics of, oh, say, the new bathroom floor. Does this make me weird? Eh, and if it does, does it matter?
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:45 PM  
    you found a place in/near westwood, i betcha.

    this is so, SO sweet.
  7. Blogger Katy Barzedor posted at 6:57 PM  
    Let's hear it for idolatry, 'cause - why not?

    Congrats on the spiffy digs - that's Plumerrific!
  8. Blogger c posted at 9:48 PM  
    So...wait...have you moved already? I'm so confused.

    But YAY! on the apartment snagging!
  9. Blogger Caroline posted at 10:49 PM  
    YAY! PAAAAAAARTAY!
  10. Blogger schmims posted at 7:06 AM  
    Did someone say there's a party?

    I love artichokes! Mmmmmm!
  11. Blogger kilowatthour posted at 10:38 AM  
    wooooo! you're back, and in possession of delicious new apartment. congratulations.
  12. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:43 AM  
    Congrats! You are way cool enough to live there...so cool, in fact, your the only person cool enough to live there!
  13. Blogger Unknown posted at 11:23 AM  
    That is so exciting. I can't wait for pictures! You will be taking pictures, wont you??
  14. Blogger ~*Ery*~ posted at 2:09 PM  
    YEA!!! Need to see the unjankyfied bathroom, because that rocks. Buy yourself something nice for the hosue and call it a housewarming gift from me! Woot woot for good mexican food!
  15. Blogger Squirl posted at 2:10 PM  
    Fabulous new apartment and artichokes in one post. What could be better?
  16. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 3:16 PM  
    Airea- I leave on the 23rd. Eep!

    SFG-Never cry for me! You'll get your Diet Coke all salty.

    Torrie- You can thank Mary J. for that biznass.

    Summer- Damn skippy, yay!

    Holy Schmidt, Caroline and Schimms- Oh, you best believe there's a party when we set up the new place.

    Echrai and Laurenbove- I'll post pictures after Sept 1st, since there's other folks living in there until then. I thought it would be weird to take pictures of some strangers bathroom...but I probably shoulda done it anyway.

    TAF- Its actually a snobby neighborhood...You and I have a date with breadsticks!

    BFE- There's always time for idolatry!

    MRTL- Thanks lady!

    Misfit- We don't get the place until the 9/1, but I'll be out before that...

    Kilowatt- Delicious is the perfect word for it...Yum.

    Lawbrat- Thanks! I hope Mateo's cool enough to live there too, though.

    ERY- You're giving me a couch. Thanks ERY!

    Squirl- Artichokes IN the apartment?
  17. Blogger Annejelynn posted at 1:40 AM  
    sounds like Fairfax and 3rd....
  18. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 9:01 PM  
    Annejelynn- Nope. Snobbier.

Post a Comment

« Home