Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Listy Thingy From My Long Lost Sister SFG

I love a good listy thing. Got this one from the mighty SFG who's the pinacle of New Orleans southern niceness- but with a lovely edge. Kind of like an amaretto sour, she's sweet, but packs a punch. So here goes. Thanks SFG!

10 years ago: August 1995 - Was going to junior college like a sucka. Worked at The Pond and at a car wash, yet still needed financial help from my parents. It was at this car wash that I learned 400 ways to insult someone's mom in Spanish. This has been a useful skill in the workplace.

5 years ago: August 2000 - Had the worst job in the universe at an entertainment internet start-up. I used to go into the bathroom and cry. Several times a day. I was fired after 3 months for not being bitchy enough. Seriously. Working there provided me with perspective though, since every other job I've had is better than that one. Wouldn't take much.

1 year ago:Was planning on moving out of Casa De Spurious to someplace else in the Pittsburgh. After realizing we'd just be moving again, back to LA, in a year, we determined that an extra move was too much of a pain in the ass. My ass bothers me enough, it doesn't need extra credit.

Yesterday: Got stinko on Belgian beer with our friends Super Teacher and Almighty Archivist at The Sharp Edge. If you like beer, this place is like Mecca. I lay out a Hoogarten bar towel and pray in their direction several times a day.

Today: Ate a tasty Thai food dinner w/ Mateo and a visiting medical student from DC. We're the Ethnic Food Posse. Getting ready for my trip to LA to go house hunting. Slum lords, here I come!

Tomorrow: Fly into LA in the early morning. Um, we'll unfortunately be there until the 10th, so I'll be taking a little break until then. Promise I'll be back soon. Try not to weep too effusively.

5 snacks I enjoy: Peanut butter on a spoon (otherwise known as 'the fast track to fat city'), a handful of dried cereal, almonds, diet coke (it IS a snack), and chocolate/minty Zone bars.

5 bands that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: Grant Lee Buffalo, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Morphine, Belle and Sebastian, Prince.

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Pay off Mateo's student loans, buy a second car, buy a place to live, feed some homeless people and donate some serious money to the American Cancer Society.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: Japan, Australia, India, Oaxaca, New Zealand.

5 bad habits I have:Biting the nails (what's up, SFG?), procrastination, flakiness, nervous talkitiveness and not exercizing enough.

5 things I like doing: Reading, watching old movies with Mateo, drinking too much Belgian beer, visiting with old friends and blogging like a muthafucka. My move is cutting into the last one, and I don't like that one bit.

5 things I would never wear: Spandex, tucked-in shirts, stretch pants, anything with pleats and shorts. Nothing against shorts, I just look like a tool when I wear them.

5 TV shows I like: Family Guy, Nova, 106 and Park, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and Samurai Champloo.

5 movies I like: Spirited Away, March of the Penguins, The Jewel Thief, The Jerk and Cabin Boy(because its soooooo awful).

5 famous people I'd like to meet: George W. Bush (with a machete, please), Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama, BB King and Loretta Lynn.

5 biggest joys at the moment: Husband Mateo, the fact that we're moving home to our friends and family in LA, Java- the dog next door, quitting my job on 8/19 and having my old job back at a sweet neurosurgeon's office in LA.

5 favorite toys: Our toy bull that plays 'Malaga' and runs around the house, our lovely computer, Mr. Nikkon Coolpix, our blessed air conditioner and my overheating cell phone.

5 People to tag: Steal it if you want it!

I'll be back in a week or so. Stay cool, and keep drinking!
___________________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Thimbleberry

"The taste of the fruit is unique and most people either like or dislike them intensely--there seems to be no middle ground. "

It might be nice to be like the thimbleberry. There's a refreshing clarity about people like that. Learn more about the thimbleberry's 'take it or leave it' attitude, here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 8/03/2005 07:40:00 PM

17 Comments

  1. Blogger Squirl posted at 7:50 PM  
    I hope you have a great trip. Wow, that is some list! I like peanut butter on a spoon, too. It's got to be less fattening than on bread. I'd be hard pressed to find 5 TV shows that I like, though, cause I kinda quit watching what little TV I did watch when I got into blogging. I'm sure I had more to say about your list but I can't remember now. "See" you when you get back.
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at 8:15 PM  
    i wish you a fun & safe trip out west. and i am going to steal your listy-list ;)
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:01 PM  
    Good luck with the house hunting. I am paying about a million dollars a month for a cement box in the ghetto. Home is where the heart is tho right.
  4. Blogger Elizabeth posted at 9:02 AM  
    AUGUST 10TH??? Are you insane? No Spurious for a week. I feel myself weeping inside.
  5. Blogger c posted at 9:13 AM  
    *rocking back and forth*

    Have fun, I'll be fine...no really, I'll be OK. Come back soon, OK? OK? Please?
  6. Blogger Nessa posted at 11:52 AM  
    oh my gosh - I'll miss ya!!! Have fun moving!
  7. Blogger ~*Ery*~ posted at 2:09 PM  
    I stole your list!! (although someone told me that if you take something and change it till its your own it isn't stealing anymore...not sure what it is but its not stealing)

    Have fun in the Great West...miss ya!
  8. Blogger Annejelynn posted at 2:51 PM  
    ooo ooo ooo I like this meme! and it's fun to read your answers... I'm gunna haftah do this one later!
  9. Blogger Torrie posted at 3:24 PM  
    I would like to point out that, yet again, you are not coming to NY.
  10. Blogger kilowatthour posted at 3:40 PM  
    i'm with torrie: why no nyc? also, as usual when reading the SpuPlu (i'm hating, wait-- loving? this as a potential nickname), i laughed until i peed a little.
  11. Blogger c posted at 8:04 PM  
    Dude! You got a spam comment.

    I tagged myself and let me tell you just how difficult it was to run around in circles until I got me.
  12. Blogger Susie posted at 7:02 AM  
    Be safe, have fun, Plum.
    I gotta stop here more often; I'm so outta the loop
  13. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:04 PM  
    whee! we can meet at the olive garden again!!
  14. Blogger Weetzie posted at 10:20 PM  
    awwwww...Plum...have a safe and eventful trip...good luck house hunting.
    miss you! =)
  15. Blogger Jen Spedowfski-Martin posted at 8:45 PM  
    Bye-bye Plum....the 10th huh? I guess I can hang in there. Chances are I'll forget and keep clicking on your blog, seeing the same entry and going, "Oh yeah, I'm such a dumb shit!"

    I like this quiz....I may send it to some friends thru email.
  16. Blogger mary bishop posted at 3:09 PM  
    Boo hoo, everyone gets spam on their blog but me, I just write it.

    Plum, you are so happy even thinking about going home I can feel my cheeks ache when you smile.
  17. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 11:41 AM  
    Squirl – The TV question was the hardest one. So I waited until I got drunk. Worked like a charm.

    Candy- Run free with the listy thing. Thanks for coming by!

    Buttergun- Oh, girl. I feel you. You’ve probably got a beautifully painted cement box, right?

    SFG- Get ready, there’s more coming at the end of this month. I’ll probably be offline for 2 weeks…

    Misfit- No worries, you’re stuck with me for awhile!

    SillyNessa- Yeah, I just can’t wait for the ‘moving’ part. Can I have fun after I’m moved in?

    Ery- Yay! List stealing! Or sorta stealing! Whatever! Have fun!
    Annejelynn- Can’t wait to read your answers!

    Anonymous – Thanks for the spam. Even if your love is fake, it still sounds good.

    Torrie- I’m a bitch. Sorry. We're planing on a trip to NYC, but...nope. I'm just a bitch.

    Kilowatthour- I actually like’SpuPlu’. It’s a little too close to SpewPlu, but it’s fun to say. Try saying it 10 times and your lips fly off your face.

    Misfit- Yeah, sometimes I play flag football with myself, but I’m hard to catch…

    Susie- You’re one busy lady, but I’ll take all the Susie I can get!

    TAF- Bring on the cutie waiters and bottomless cokes. Bring it.

    Weetzie –Thanks for the happy wishes, I missed you guys too!

    Jen- Quiz up those friends. It’s an interesting way to think about things you haven’t gone back to for awhile.

    Marybishop- You’re the sweetest! Uh, if you want some spam, I can post some erectile dysfunction links in your comments, but…

Post a Comment

« Home