Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Sort-Of-Fast & the Not-So-Furious

Talk of strange objects in my car reminded me of my very first car,

The Mighty Used 1987 Toyota Corolla FX-16 Hatchback

"You're a big, fine Toyota, why don't you back that thang up?"

This fine-ass piece of machinery was the best car I have EVER owned. After an initial period of intense hatred (I thought it looked like a Gremlin, like I'd be so lucky), I came to terms with the fact my FX-16 went realllly fast, and fell in love. In a fit of 18-year old pseudo-wit, I dubbed it the Gremlinmobile, got myself a badass stereo system, and I was rollin'.

When I put my foot on the gas, it was all Magic Mountain and shit. Everyone riding inside the car thought they were gonna die. It was awesome.

Sadly, while singing Echo and the Bunymen's 'People are Strange" on an awkward excursion to dinner with an ex-boyfriend, some bastard crashed into me. Boooo! We were fine, but the car was totaled, and the vibe between me and ex-boyfriend became, impossibly, more uncomfortable.

Now, I look at Spooky the Echo, and even though he's only new car I've ever owned, I keep hearing Bootsy Collins singing in my head for the FX-16:

'I'd rather be with you-hoo, yeahhhh.'
_____________________________________________
Random Furit Fact: The Honeydew Melon

"Honeydews are harvested by maturity and not by size. Maturity is difficult to judge..."

See? Mature melons are sexy! Learn more about honeydew melons (yeah!) here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 2/17/2005 05:23:00 AM

2 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:39 PM  
    I miss that car. There were some good times had in that beast.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:55 PM  
    Yeah, especially since my next car was that orange piece of crap. Or was it terra-cotta. You know, that never got resolved.

Post a Comment

« Home