Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Animal Freakin' Planet

I'll probably catch hell for this, but have you ever noticed that how certain famous folks look like animals? Here, I'll show you what I mean:

Paul McCartney sorta looks like a turtle:

*Image courtesy of Grabow.biz

And Coach K, the basketball coach for Duke, is sort of ratty looking:

* Image courtesy of i.a.cnn.net

Understand, I'm not saying these folks posses animal attribute filled personalities.

Mr. McCartney sure seems nice, and can play musical instruments waaaay better than an average terrapin. You remember that video for 'I Got my Mind Set On You' ? A turtle could not make a video that blew my 11 year old mind the way that one did.

In that vein, Coach K is not, to the best of my knowledge, a scavenging, cheese eating fellow. He may look a little rodenty - hell, he may even like cheese, but that doesn't make him a rat. I don't know crap about basketball, but I assume that to be a coach you've got to do more than squeak and spread the Black Death.

Which brings us to today's topic. An article in the NY times today featured a picture of Mr. Vince Vaughn.

*Image courtesy of NYTimes.com

Mateo and I know he looks like some sort of forest mammal, but we can't decide on which one.

I'm voting for sloth:

* Image courtesy of forestecards.com

But Mateo thinks he bears a strong resemblance to some sort of small jungle cat.

And what the hell do I know? I'm a freaking fruit.
______________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Fig

People who eat figs are easy to spot,

"your average fig eater has a perpetually dry mouth. Look for people who drink lots of water or juice. Or lick their lips when they're not talking about Jesus."

Apparently, God don't like no figgies. I don't care though, they're sacrilicious. Read more about the focus of my heathen appetite, here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 3/29/2005 11:25:00 PM

15 Comments

  1. Blogger Echrai posted at 11:43 PM  
    I vote for a racoon. He has the perfect racoony eyes and even his ears work. Not too far off from a sloth (and a sloth has more of his smirky smile)
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:02 AM  
    I vote for the sloth. I think it's the hair.
    Elsa laughed (in a good way) when I told her about your day of the run.
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:17 AM  
    No clue what that animal is. I've never had figs. I drink alot of water. I need to eat figs. Do they help you poop?


    lawbrat

    lawbrat.com
  4. Blogger Jessica posted at 12:11 PM  
    I vote for sloth! Awesome blog btw.
  5. Blogger mary bishop posted at 1:07 PM  
    Dr Phil looks like a gecko to me --or what I think a gecko looks like.

    As for figs? I don't give a fig about them.
  6. Blogger Random and Odd posted at 1:15 PM  
    LOL. Dr. Phil a gecko! Oh dear god I need to go look at pictures!!!
  7. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:37 PM  
    You know, that sloth totally does it. He completely resembles a sloth, except not so furry. Darn!

    Didja ever notice the Olsen Twins look like a pair of ducks in wigs?

    --ornery_chick
  8. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:36 PM  
    MB - Oh crap. He totally does.
  9. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:42 PM  
    The younger, more debonair version of Vince Vaughn, circa 1997 (think of the movie Swingers) was a sloth.

    The fatter, more balding version of Vince Vaughn is a raccoon.

    There. I settled it.
  10. Blogger Susie posted at 3:31 PM  
    This one was beyond the scope of my expertise, so I called in a consultant. My 9-year-old says, "He looks like a bull. Definitely a bull." There you have it.
  11. Blogger Holy Schmidt posted at 3:58 PM  
    Sloth...even though they are my favorite animals EVER, and I think he's gross...He's a sloth.
  12. Blogger Ern posted at 6:30 PM  
    Ya know, VV isn't a bad looking guy or anything, but SOMEONE, PLEASE get that man a soothing eye mask or some sort of serum to help his baggy under-eye area! Perhaps an allergy pill? Maybe just more sleep. But he's too young to be looking like that. (I wish someone would perform a similar service for Matt LeBlanc.)
  13. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:29 PM  
    You said it Ern! Matt's looking like Death warmed over these days. Vince isn't too becoming either with his bags.

    I was thinking badger, but sloth is really good!
  14. Blogger GEORGE! posted at 7:30 PM  
    I hate coach K.
  15. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:51 AM  
    i don't mean to be the music nazi or anything... but george harrison is the beatle who did "i got my mind set on you".

    all this humans-resembling-animals talk has just got me trying to figure out what animal i might look like. the only thing i've come up with is a shaggy sheepdog... how sad for me. (although they are darn cute).

Post a Comment

« Home