Saturday, March 19, 2005

Calling All Arty People

I didn't post yesterday because I was drinking. Meaning I'm hungover now. I'm going to use a cop-out, but it's a cool cop-out, so keep the freakoutery to a minimum.

Can you draw? Even if you can't, check out Illustration Friday. See? Each week the lovely Penelope susses out a topic (she takes suggestions if you've got 'em) and then anyone can draw their representation of the subject at hand. They've got an art forum for creative questions and everything. And it's on Friday, which means that since today is Saturday, I've given you enough lead time to participate. DO IT!

I can't draw to save my ass, so I just go to drool. Check it out!
_______________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Velvet Apple

No. I'm not fucking with you. There IS a velvet apple. And it smells.

"Some people find the odor unpleasant, similar to that of strong cheese, but the pulp has pleasant tase...The fruit is usually eaten fresh, complete with skin, after the hairy covering is rubbed off. "

Sounds like a bad date. Learn more about the skanky cheesiness of the Velvet Apple, here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 3/19/2005 06:45:00 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger mary bishop posted at 8:07 PM  
    Somehow, after reading your description of the Velvet Apple, I don't think I'll ever experience the smell, taste or touch of this stinky hairy fruit. Stink in cheese can be good (stilton, provolone for example) but a stinky fruit that needs a shave? I'll have to pass.

Post a Comment

« Home