Thursday, March 24, 2005

Nothin' But A Dirty Tag Hag + Self Portrait Day At Work


Remember Folks! Taking Acid At Work is BAD.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tag team is in effect, courtesy of Lawbrat, Laurenbove and Kalki, who each tagged me first. Yes. They were ALL first.

1. What book would I like to be? Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. Teaching kids to party in their PJ's with monsters would be a nice job.

2. Have I ever had a crush on a fictional character? In the 6th grade, I was completely in love with Sparrowhawk from the Wizard of Earthsea series by Ursula K. Le Guin. Piloting a boat all over the place, fighting his pride, saving bitches from labyrinths...yummy.

3. What is the last book I bought? Food Court Druids, Cherohonkees and Other Creatures Unique to the Republic by Robert Lanham, Jeff Bechtel. Got it as a X-mas gift for for Free-Like-A-Child-Mike. Remember there's a librarian in my house. We don't buy books, We get 'em all for freeeeeee.

4. What is the last book I read? Blankets by Craig Thompson. A graphic novel so beautiful and sad, I couldn't leave it alone. I read it in one sitting, and almost cried when I finished. Craig's website is awesome too.

5. What book am I currently reading? Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell: A Novel by Susanna Clarke. It's HUGE, 800 pages or so, but you are seriously enveloped in another world.

I'm not a regular fantasy reader, but given the books I've just cited, I'm noting some escapist fiction tendencies. Who knew?

6. What 5 books would I take with me if I were stranded on a desert island?

a. Any book that allows me to change into an animal at will. Then I could become a fish, and get the hell off said desert island.

b. Any book held in the hands of my husband, so we could have hot, jungle love.

c. A tropical botany book, so I could know which plants could poison my dirty ass.

d. The Worm of Oroboros by ED Eddison to help me go to sleep. Some people love this book, and I'm sorry, but it's completely impenetrable. It's become a joke in my family, as nobody's been able to get past page 46, EVER. But hey, reading the same paragraph over and over exhausts me, making it a fantastic sleep aid.

e. The entire Encyclopaedia Britannica Home Library Suite. That's 55 books of pain, bitches. Might as well learn something. Yes, sets count. Lawbrat said so.

7. What 3 people am I going to tag with these questions and why?

Red Librarian , Tree and Flower, Ugly Agnes are hot creative mama's, so they get tagged like a muthafucka. They don't have to do a damn thing they don't feel like tho, so NO pestering.

Whew. All acidy, book demons have officially been expelled.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 3/24/2005 10:54:00 PM

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:38 AM  
    i really want to read jonathan strange.. everyone i know is currently reading it. including you. So i should get off my bum and read it..
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:28 AM  
    Wow, you got a threesome tag - you are a dirty tag hag. And that's totally hot.
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:32 AM  
    HaHa! threesome tag! too funny. My oldest son just handed me a book. He's a total book work. He got a new book from the book fair at school and told me I should read it over break. Its by Jude Watson, titled Premonitions. Its about 240 pages, and he read it in 2 days. My youngest...books? what are books? go figure.

    Lawbrat

Post a Comment

« Home