Monday, March 28, 2005

FAQ's

I get lots of questions about this little blog venture, so I'm thinking of posting this little FAQ section in the sidebar. Let me know what you think.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.
---------------------------------
Questions People Ask Me All The Time:

1. Why Spurious Plum?
Sometimes my husband calls me plum, and I like it.

I'm not an actual plum, I'm a FAKE. Plums doesn't usually type or have blogs. See, it looks weird.

Spurious means fake. Webster's dictionary defines it as: "of falsified or erroneously attributed origin." By this reasoning, I'm a false fruit, or a Spurious Plum. See? Easy.

The dictionary also defines 'spurious' as "being of bastard parentage," but we'll leave that alone, WON'T WE.

2. What's with the fruit facts?
It's always nice to learn new things. Besides, who better to teach you random fruit facts than a girl pretending to be a fruit? If you say 'well, a botanist might be better," I reserve the right to smack your sassy face.

3. Who's this Mateo dude?
Mateo and I met in 1998, married in 2002 and have been dang happy ever since. He's the most wonderful that ever happened to me. Key to a happy marriage = smooching.

4. You're really weird. Are you high?
No. Drugs have lots of spooky chemicals. But I do like booze and Diet Coke, both of which contain many chemicals. This makes me a hypocrite, which is fun.

P.S. Don't ask me to mail you drugs.

5. I love Pittsburgh! Why you wanna hate on it?
I do not hate Pittsburgh. In summer 2003, we moved from LA to Pittsburgh so Mateo could attend graduate school. Pittsburgh has many admirable qualities; cheap rent, lots of local pride, and a lack of gunfire. But Pittsburgh is also cold, has no Mexican food, and is far away from family and friends.

I miss my home. I bet you would too.

6. Your blog is pretty. How did you design it?
I didn't do this! I used artwork from here, here and here. I also used a template from this kind and talented fellow. I've monkeyed around with everything (which I hope is OK) and I'm trying to get smarter about coding and design, but I keep killing my brain cells (see question #4). So its sort of a work in progress.

I edit pictures in Picassa 2 , and use Hello! for image hosting. Until I can afford something fancier, I'll be ghetto and make extra image changes in Paint. I try hard to accurately document information on all outside images, but if I miss something please let me know.

7. Your pictures suck. Which camera should I shun?
Mr. Nikon Coolpix 5200 should not be blamed for my lack of photographic skillz. He's always been good to us. Buy up his brethren with impunity.

8. "You're looking little chunky in that profile pic, ever thought of joining a gym?... And where'd you take that picture, anyway?"
That photo was taken in the La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Hollywood, CA.

And I'll join a gym when you learn some manners, Cattypants.

9. When is your birthday?
September 25. Any gifts will be received with greedy glee.

10. How can I contact you?
Drop me a line anytime, at spuriousplum at gmail dot com .

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 3/28/2005 08:34:00 PM

7 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:43 PM  
    This is extremely useful information, Plum. I have one other question, for Mateo really. Of all fruits, why the plum? (I have nothing against them. We had 10 plum trees in my yard as a kid and one of my fondest memories was climbing up with a bucket of water to while away the afternoon.)
  2. Blogger Baltazar posted at 2:05 AM  
    have you seen "lifeaftertheoilcrash.net"
  3. Blogger mary bishop posted at 6:51 AM  
    A plum is also something superior or very desirable, according to Webster - which is the obvious reason why your sweetheart calls you plum.
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:59 AM  
    OMG, I almost wet myself reading #1. It cracked me up. I tried commenting last night, but IT WOULDNT WORK! You have such a great sense of humor. As to #8, Cattypants can SUCK IT.

    lawbrat
  5. Blogger Susie posted at 8:45 AM  
    Loved your FAQs. Plum is such a sweet nickname. And it fits. You are deelish. Tempting, juicy...(ooh, did I say that outloud;) )
  6. Blogger Nessa posted at 4:24 PM  
    just wanted to say - love it! thanks for dropping by my arena - & where's the white spot????
  7. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 6:59 PM  
    On my hip. Right over my epic ass.

Post a Comment

« Home