Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm A Jerk + Google Divadom + Galapagos Islands

I'm a jerk. Yesterday, almost immediately after posting mean things about my sweetly befuddled boss, he gave me a big bunch of flowers. When he accidentally broke a few stems trying to arrange(!) the flowers, he put the stragglers into a super tiny beaker. Do flowers in a beaker count as a scary gift? No, I'm a jerk. Sorry, Mr. Bossman.

Not that you'll ever see this, mind you.

On an unrelated topic, it's good to know that when you search Google for "can nopales cause hallucinations" I'm the first thing you see. I'm ranked 115th for "slim jim packaging history", but with a little hard work, I think we can break 100, right? Right?

And finally, a story. As we settled in for a Galapogos Island nature special last night, Mateo arbitrarily shouted, "This better be good! I wanna see some big fucking turtles!" Making both of us burst into the insane kind of laughter that accompanies finding extreme humor in something that makes no sense.

The kind where you actually cry a little bit and start swiping at the corners of your eyes.

The kind where you let out a big, snorty noise and race to the bathroom, 99% sure you've accidentally shot out a boog on yourself, or onto the arm of your true love.
__________________________________________
Random Fruit Fact: The Abiu

You guys are gonna crap your pants.

"Has creamy sweet, succulent flesh which tastes like Creme Caramel. A real taste treat when eaten slightly chilled."

Fruit that tastes like Creme Caramel!?!?!?!? Later folks, I'm going Aibu shopping! While I'm out, read more about the Aibu, here.

Posted by Spurious Nurse at 4/28/2005 03:59:00 PM

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:10 PM  
    Okay, so I'm thinking "Creme Caramel." Mmmmm...I'll have to go Aibu shopping, too, even though I'm quite sure if I walked into our little small town grocery store and asked if they have any Aibu, they'd look at me like I had three heads.

    Then I read, "Avoid the exuding latex close to the skin."

    Avoid the WHAT?? Ewww.

    And, just like that. Creme Caramel craving? GONE.
  2. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 7:52 AM  
    Ladybug- You don't have three heads?

    Meggan-Yeah, except for the 'exuding latex' part, it does sound kinda racy...
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:55 AM  
    Nope. Just the two.
  4. Blogger Spurious Nurse posted at 11:49 AM  
    Good, you freaked me out for a minute there...

Post a Comment

« Home